1) Students are admitted to the undergraduate Programs at DU on the basis of their:
- General Education Diploma Certificate or its equivalent; and
- Results of the English, Mathematics and IT placement tests conducted by DU FP
2) Based on the results of placement tests, accepted students are divided into two groups as follows:
- Students who need remedial work; will join the FP, for one or more semesters, until they successfully complete the Program; and
- Students who proceed directly to the first year of the Diploma or Bachelors Program.
3) Students may be exempted from English, Mathematics or IT Foundation requirements and admitted directly to their chosen fields of specialization if they meet the following criteria:
- Exemption from English requires a minimum score 60 on the Cambridge University Online Placement Test or a minimum score of 5 in IELTS or a minimum of 500 in TOFEL.
- Exemption from Mathematics requires a minimum score of 60 on the FP Math Placement Test.
- Exemption from IT requires a minimum score of 70 in the Moodle-based IT Placement test or an International (English) IC3 certificate. In case of the provision of a domestic (Arabic) IC3 certificate, students shall be required to take an IT Challenge Test and score a minimum of 60%.
Please note that the validity of all these tests is limited to two years from the date of taking the exam. Applicants must submit the original certificate of test results and the University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the certificate. Holders of IELTS and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) certificates issued by institutions outside Oman may be asked to sit for the placement test.