For admission to any of the undergraduate programs offered by CCBA, a student must have:
- A General Education Certificate or its equivalent and
- Results of placement tests in English, mathematics and information technology conducted by the Foundation Program at Dhofar University.
Based on the results of the placement tests, accepted students are divided into two groups as follows:
- Students who need foundation; They will join the Foundation Programme, for one semester or more, until they successfully complete the programme.
- Students who move directly to the first year of a diploma or bachelor’s programme.
3) Students can be exempted from the requirements of the Foundation Program, such as English language, mathematics, or information technology, and accepted directly into their chosen fields of specialization if they meet the following criteria:
The English language exemption requires a minimum score of 60 on the Cambridge Online Placement Test, a minimum score of 5 on IELTS, or a minimum of 500 on TOFEL.
The mathematics exemption requires a score of at least 60 on the mathematics placement test.
The IT exemption requires a minimum score of 70 on the Moodle-based IT placement test or the International (English) IC3 certification. If a local (Arabic) IC3 certificate is presented, students must take the IT Challenge Test and obtain a score of at least 60%.
Please note that the validity of all these tests is limited to two years from the date the exam was taken. Applicants must submit the original certificate of test results and the university reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the certificate. Holders of IELTS and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) certificates issued by institutions outside the Sultanate of Oman may be required to take a placement test.
For more details and program-specific requirements (if applicable), visit the Dhofar University catalog or visit the college.