Master in Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business administration at Dhofar University is a two‐year program that provides a solid foundation in business and management and an opportunity for experiences professionals to obtain a master degree in Business Administration on a schedule that minimizes disruption of work and personal pursuits. Such program includes a cohort class structure, planned curriculum in an executive setting. In other words, members of each class begin the program at the same point, move through the curriculum together, and complete the degree requirements for graduation as a group. MBA program students are required to complete their degrees in two years. During that period, they gain a wide range of new knowledge and sharpen their analytical abilities, develop leadership capabilities and improve strategic decisions making skills to drive results. However, MBA courses are enhanced by the extensive professional experience of the participants and are uniquely structured to teach a maximum amount of course material in an accelerated timetable. An MBA degree reflects a sophisticated level of knowledge and skills concerning a wide range of contemporary management topics.
Admission to the Master of Business Administration is competitive and requires the candidate to:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a related discipline from a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Oman.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.4 on a scale of 4 or its equivalent or 70% or a standing of Good
- Minimum 2 years of management level leadership experience,
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0, or a TOEFL score of 550
- Undergo an Admission Interview.
To graduate with a Master degree in Business Administration, a student must:
- Satisfactorily complete 36 credits with a cumulative average of no less than 65%. The passing grade in a graduate course is 60%.
- Successful Defense of the Research Project/Master Thesis course work.
- A student could only opt for master thesis if after completing 21 credits he/she has a CGPA of 80% or more
- MBA 501 Managing and Leading in Organizations
- MBA 502 Marketing Management
- MBA 503 Financial and Management Accounting
- MBA 504 Strategic Management
- MBA 505 Financial Management
- MBA 506 Management Information System
- MBA 507 Research Methodology
- MBA 508 *Research Project (Option – I)
- MBA 509 **Master Thesis (Option – II)
Three or four courses encompassing 9 or 12 credit hours are chosen from the following list:
A student should select 9 credits from his/her area of concentration and 3 credits from any other concentration area.
Concentration Areas : Select 3 Courses or 9 Credit hours (Cr. hrs)
- FINA 601 Investment and Portfolio Management 3 Cr. hrs
- FINA 602 Banking and Financial Services 3 Cr. hrs
- FINA 603 Financial strategy and valuation 3 Cr. hrs
- FINA 604 Islamic banking & finance 3 Cr. hrs
- MKTG Integrated Marketing Communication 3 Cr. hrs
- MKTG Sales and Supply Chain management 3 Cr. hrs
- MKTG International Marketing 3 Cr. hrs
- MKTG 604 Consumer behavior and Branding 3 Cr. hrs
- GMNT 601 Entrepreneurship and small business management 3 Cr. hrs
- GMNT 602 Project and Operations Management 3 Cr. hrs
- GMNT 603 Total Quality Management 3 Cr. hrs
- GMNT 604 Strategic Human Resources Management 3 Cr. hrs