In today’s competitive world, selecting a promising degree program which guarantees a promising career is very vital. Employers are looking for quality graduates skilled in different aspects of company affairs and should hold essential the managerial skills. Therefore, the candidates with an MBA degree are preferred by different industries.
The MBA program is designed to empower students with a wide range of knowledge and helps in sharpening their analytical abilities, develop leadership capabilities and improve strategic decisions making skills to drive results.
The Master of Business administration at Dhofar University is a two‐year program that provides a solid foundation in business and management and an opportunity for experienced professionals to obtain a master degree in Business Administration on a schedule that minimizes disruption of work and personal pursuits.
Admission to the Master of Business Administration is competitive and requires the candidate to:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a related discipline from a university recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Oman.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 on a scale of 4 or its equivalent or 70% or a standing of Good
- Minimum 2 years of management level leadership experience,
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0, or a TOEFL score of 550
- Undergo an Admission Interview.
To graduate with a Master degree in Business Administration, a student must:
- Satisfactorily complete 36 credits with a cumulative average of no less than 65%. The passing grade in a graduate course is 60%.
- Successful Defense of the Master Thesis course work.
- A student could only opt for master thesis if after completing 21 credits he/she has a CGPA of 80% or more
- MBA 501 Managing and Leading in Organizations
- MBA 502 Marketing Management
- MBA 503 Financial and Management Accounting
- MBA 507 Research Methodology
- MBA 505 Financial Management
- MBA 506 Management Information System
- MBA 504 Strategic Management
- MBA 509 **Master Thesis (Option – II)
Three or four courses encompassing 9 or 12 credit hours are chosen from the following list:
A student should select 9 credits from his/her area of concentration and 3 credits from any other concentration area.
Concentration Areas : Select 3 Courses or 9 Credit hours (Cr. Hrs)
- FINA 601 Investment and Portfolio Management 3 Cr. Hrs
- FINA 602 Banking and Financial Services 3 Cr. Hrs
- FINA 603 Financial strategy and valuation 3 Cr. Hrs
- FINA 604 Islamic banking & finance 3 Cr. Hrs
- MKTG 601 Integrated Marketing Communication 3 Cr. Hrs
- MKTG 601 Sales and Supply Chain management 3 Cr. Hrs
- MKTG 601 International Marketing 3 Cr. Hrs
- MKTG 604 Consumer behavior and Branding 3 Cr. Hrs
- GMNT 601 Entrepreneurship and small business management 3 Cr. Hrs
- GMNT 602 Project and Operations Management 3 Cr. Hrs
- GMNT 603 Total Quality Management 3 Cr. Hrs
- GMNT 604 Strategic Human Resources Management 3 Cr. Hrs
Dr. Ahmar Uddin Mohammed