Noor Haslina Yusoff joined the College of Commerce and Business Administration, Dhofar University as an assistant professor in accounting on 15 October 2017. Prior to coming to Dhofar University, she was an associate professor at University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Al Yamamah University, KSA and University of Science and Technology, Yemen. She teaches courses in accounting and financial management and has more than twenty-five years of experience in teaching graduate and undergraduate students. She completed her PhD in 1999 in the area of Accounting and she is a registered member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants since 2001.
- PhD in Accounting, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U.K
- Master of Accountancy, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U.K
- Master of Economics (International Financial Management), Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accounting), West Virginia University, WV., USA
Her area of specialization is accounting and her research interests are management accounting, auditing, financial management and teaching and learning in accounting education.
Teaching methods/style:Chalk and talk, Power points and case-studies
All accounting courses for undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students.
- 2017:Lead a project on ‘Feasibility study on Fully Privately Run Public Schools in Malaysia for the Ministry of Education, MalaysiaManagement Accounting Best Practices Framework for The Public Sector: Towards Improving the Corruption Perception
Index for Malaysia.The Attitude of Mobile Users on Mobile Marketing : Case Study on Fast Food Restaurant at Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- 2015-2016:A Framework for The Transparency in Corporate Tax Reporting Based On Tax Fraud Detection Index (TFDI).Focus Hotel: Performing well to be a Shariah Compliant Hotel? (Case Study Project)
- 2013-2014:Team Auditor in the AlYamamah University to achieve the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA), KSA.
- 2012:Accounting and Management trainings and consultation programs at the Dhufar Power House, Salalah , SOA
- 2011:The Acceptance of Computer Usage Among Children – Grant from the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Malaysia.
- 2010:Operational Audit in University of Science and Technology Hospital, Sanaa, Republic of Yemen.
- 2009:Developing ICT awareness programs and human development contents in social responsibility portal for children of the poor and needy families in Malaysia. Fund granted by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Malaysia.
- 2008:Information Strategic Planning and Facilities Management in Madinat Al Rawdha Project for Radiance International Consortium.
- 2005-2007:Industrial Skill Enhancement Programs organized by the Ministry of Finance, Malaysia. MSC-IH Business Plan organized by Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn Bhd.